The Network Simulator is a program which supports Windows, and which aims at explaining the Ethernet/TCP-IP networks.
Its goal is to simulate the behavior of each element of a network configuration: hub, switch, router.
It can be used as an interactive support used in the introduction of a lesson on networks.
Main Features :
- Available components : Stations, Hubs or concentrators, Switches or commutators, Routers, The Internet network
- Types of simulations : Ethernet, collisions, ARP, IP Protocols, Transport layer, Application layer
- Demonstration Modes : Manual, automatic, step-by-step
Main Functionalities :
- Level 1 and 2 vlans, spanning tree
- Ping, routing
- Sending of segments, filtering, Nat/Pat
- SQL requestor and RDBMS
- Navigator and HTTP server
- FTP client and server